Friday, May 29, 2015

Great tour and day

When I planned the trip, I expected the full day guided tour of the Istanbul would be a highlight of the overall trip and it was.  I arranged a private guide and it was a great decision.  It give so much more flexibility and we could get into areas large groups can't and much faster.  My guide was a 30-something woman named Pelin.  She was born and raised in Istanbul.  We talked history, politics and she did her best to show me all of Istanbul and try to provide a perspective on muslim cultures.  Far to much to put in one post, so I will post a series of the key experiences.

On a side note, I expected it would be a long day, but according to my fitbit, I logged 29,500 steps and 14.7 miles!  No wonder I am exhausted, I was on the move from 8 am to 5 pm.  Great day, individual items to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment