Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Castle on the hill

We all have weaknesses, some are good, some are bad.  One weakness I have, that I would characterize as a good one is the need to climb up to any castle on the hill I see or know about, no matter where I am.  Some times churches qualify also.  I can't tell you why, but I love to hike "to" something.  Anne has spent many times trekking up with me and occasionally wishing me well, saying she will see me when I get back.  I didn't expect to do much hiking today, but was I walked around, I saw every road was up hill.


I had not walked much for the day, so I figured, I'll head up the stairs and see what's up there.  Then, I ran into this:

 
 
And what does this show, a castle on the hill.  What it does not show is how steep things are.  I decide, I am going to do a quick hike up to the castle to earn my Ravioli dinner and didn't realize it was straight up the entire way.  I looked like someone poured a bucket over my head by the top, and considered turning around a couple times, but do you really want to get 3/4 up a hill and turn around?  I say no. It was a good decision and well worth it.  I'll cover the castle in another post.  I am hoping to do the entire loop tomorrow, we will see how it goes.
 
Caio



No comments:

Post a Comment