Saturday, June 13, 2015

A relaxing day

I can see why everyone raves about Cesky Krumlov, it's a wonderful town.  Very relaxing with a unique vibe.  It gets a lot of traffic from people backpacking through Europe, so lots of people walking through the town with backpacks, along with lots of hostels and pensions, very budget accommodations.

One thing that has surprised me is how cheap things have been. Most things are half or less of the US.  Anne had read on Trip Advisor how good the spa was at the hotel, so I had a massage.  $25 US!  I couldn't believe it.  Check out the menu from dinner below.  I had a great chicken/mushroom dish with potatoes and beer, but about $7 US.  The same dinner would have been $25 in Germany.

Divide everything by 25 to get dollars
 
Local favorite beer.  Brewed in town since the mid 1500's.  $1.5 a pint.
 
View of the castle and river below.  Lot's of people floating the river.

View of the city from the Castle
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment