Thursday, June 4, 2015

Baden-Baden

I arrived at Baden-Baden late afternoon.  Checked-in, dropped by bags and walked around.  It's a nice little city at the north end of the black forest.  Lots of historic sites, including some Roman bath's on the right side.  The only thing I couldn't figure out on my walk was why they had 3 large pots in the air outside.  The pots didn't have any holes on the side or bottom.  Not sure why they were there, everything was in German.


 
I am not a big beer fan, but will have one occasionally.  That said, I have not had a glass of wine on the trip (other than in Italy) and have appreciated the memory lane of beers I haven't had in 30 years.  In college, you drink a large range of beers as you buy whatever is on sale.  I had a Tuborg on the Turkish air flight and it had easily been 30 years since I had one of those.  Today, I had a similar experience with Lowenbrau.  Who knew they still made it.  In my fraternity, after semester grades were released, there was a dinner where they served steak and Lowenbrau for those over a 3.0, hot dogs and Miller for those between a 2.0 and 3.0 and baked beans and water for those below 2.0.  Fortunately I qualified for the Lowenbrau.  I believe that is the last time I had a Lowenbrau, but when I used yelp to look for a restaurant, this one was actually one of the highest rated and considered the "most traditional German beer garden" in town.  The beer and food were very good and it was a nice setting.

 
Just a nice building across the street.  Lots of good looking buildings in town.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment