Saturday, June 27, 2015

On the last flight to home

Anne and I are on the last flight from Dallas to Sacramento and I am looking forward to seeing the house and my checking out the garden and yard to see what the 107 degree heat has done to it.  I have been gone almost 5 weeks.  Hard to believe it has been that long, but when I think about places like Istanbul, it seems like much longer than 5 weeks since I was there.  It has been quite a trip.   I visited 9 countries, put nearly 2,000 miles on the rental car and am going to need to get used to people speaking English again.  It's been a while since I understood what the majority of people were saying.

Many, many thanks to my wonderful wife Anne.  She understood this is a trip I have wanted to take for a very long time.  She was not only supportive of me going, she was a push to get me to do this.  I would have preferred if she could have been there for the whole thing, but certainly enjoyed the last few weeks and all the wonderful hotels she set me up at.

Now, back to reality.  I am excited to start my new consulting venture - the future is so very bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment