Friday, June 12, 2015

Up with the sun

The weather has been pretty good overall so far.  In just over two weeks, it's only rained once for about an hour.  That said, ever since I have been in Germany and the Alps, many of the days have a high overcast.  Fine for most things, not my favorite for photos.  Fortunately this morning I woke to bright sun coming through the shades, so I decided to get a hike in before breakfast.  There is a large rock outcropping with a monastery half way up along the river. 

I did a walk through the city and up to the top of the hill.  Great morning hike and wonderful views.  One thing I didn't expect was that at 7 am as I was hiking up the hill, all the church bells in the city starting ringing for about 10 minutes.  It was very peaceful climbing up a hill in the woods with the sound of bells echoing through.

Mirabell Gardens - Fountain is the one that the kids
 danced around in the Sound of Music
 
View of Salzburg from the monastery, part way up the hill, with the
Fortress on the top of the hill. This is where I hiked up to yesterday.
 
Water trough half way up the hill, in case I brought my horse.
 
View of the same Fortress from the top of the hill, primarily
included as proof I made it to the top of the other hill.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment