Sunday, June 7, 2015

Fussen

I arrive at Fussen on the southern German border near Austria.  The region is called Tyrol and is very pretty.  I didn't know much about Fussen, and was just using it as a base to see some of the famous castles tomorrow.  As I walked around, it was a great city.  It had a castle on the hill that I hiked first thing and took some shots.  It was also market day in town with all kinds of stands and people dressed in historic garb singing and dancing.  It is a very nice town.

View from the castle, I did not photoshop the color of the lake.  It is a
gorgeous blue/green color.  I was very surprised when I drove into town
and saw it.
 
Some of the dancers in the street
 
Off duty dancers having lunch
 
A local treat called "Schneeballen", literally left over pieces of pastry dough
made into a ball and baked, then coating with a topping.  They were everywhere
in Rothenburg.  It tried one, but once you eat the outside topping, it's just a ball of pie
crust, so I didn't finish it.  Interesting though, there are many stores that carry only them.
 
The local version of a Ferris wheel at market day.  A
little smaller than you usually see, but still popular.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment