Monday, June 8, 2015

Beauty and the Beast Castle

Admit it, if I had titled this "Neuschwanstein Castle" you would have been less likely to open it.  As someone who grew up with a child of the Beauty and the Beast genre, I watched it many, many times.  For that reason, this castle was high on my list of things to see.  I wish the weather was a little better today, but as this is the first really overcast/rainy day since I have been on my trip, I cannot complain.  The castle was fantastic.  The interior had much more original furnishings than I have seen, some of that may be attributable to the fact this castle is newer than many of the medieval castles.  It was built in the mid 1800's by "crazy" King Ludwig, who barely got to see it before he died.  Much of the interior was dedicated to the composer Richard Wagner, who was a close friend of the King.  It had painting and other décor related to Wagner's musicals.

Shot from below in the morning mist
 
 
The marque shot from a bridge above, it was a nice hike.  Must admit,
I wish it was a clear blue day again, but oh well.
 
 
Main courtyard
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment