Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sirmione and a long drive

Today is one of the few days I was not looking forward to on the trip.  I drove from Slovenia to Milan.  Five and a half hours if all goes well, unfortunately it took me about seven and a half.  There was major road construction, but overall, I haven't spent that much time on the road.

I looked for a place to take a break along the way and found Sirmione.  It is a very unique town near Milan that is on a slice of land that goes into a lake.  As you get near the end, it's all castle structures.  Sure makes a good moat when you are out into a lake.   Look it up on the internet if you get a chance.  All I really did was park and walk around for an hour, but it was very nice.  Felt very tropical and was packed with tourists.   The water was shallow so it was very blue/green.




No comments:

Post a Comment