Friday, June 12, 2015

Cesky Krumlov

So why did I decide to come to Cesky Krumlov?  Why not!  Actually, it is one I had on the list as Rick Steves always raves about it, but I misplaced our Rick Steves Eastern Europe book and didn't really read up on the city until I got here.  I just expected a nice village on a river, as I had seen in photos.  What I didn't realize until I got here is that the city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.  This is a designation given to only the best historic sites in the world.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  It is a gorgeous city and I am looking forward to seeing more of it.  Had a quick trip around town and snapped a few photos:

River winds through town with a couple islands

View of the historic buildings

Lots of rafts floating down the river

They have a bypass installed around the short falls

Tower in the center of town.  I haven't been to the top yet, but will.

No comments:

Post a Comment